Travel Soccer - Return to Play (RTP) Guidelines
Implementing our Return to Play Guidelines will require everyone working together within our Club: Coaches, Team Admins, Parents, and Players. While the Club, Coach & Team Admins must create a safe environment, our Parents must make the decision for their child to return to play. If, as a parent you are not comfortable in your child’s returning to play – DON’T. And finally, Players must be responsible to adhere to, and respect the social distancing requirements and contact guidelines that have been established.
- MUST provide Hold Harmless Waiver for each Player prior to attending any training sessions.
- Create and distribute protocols to members.
- Provide tracking method for Health Checks prior to any event.
- Contact local public health officials to notify adult leaders, youth and their families if the organization becomes aware of a participant or adult leader who has developed COVID- 19 and may have been infectious to others while at a youth activity.
- Cancel training for any team who has a player or coach who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Train and educate all staff on protocols and requirements, including state and local regulations, CDC recommendations and other necessary safety information.
ALL individuals that tests positive or has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 has a duty to report to the Club. Report immediately to any Board Member via txt (585-364-1702) or email (email@example.com). Use of the TeamSnap Health Check application will also assist in identifying symptoms. If you do not pass a health check you are not allowed to participate for that event and should continue to look for symptoms before the next event. If symptoms persist you should contact medical personnel immediately, communicate to the club and follow the intructions below to continue to play. It is extremely important you take these protocols serioulsy to insure the safety of your child and to all of those participating in this program.
Any individual (player, coach, staff or parent/guardian) who has tested positive for COVID-19 must be symptom free after 14 days and cleared by medical personnel before participating in any activities with Victor Soccer Club. Activities include practices, scrimmages, friendly matches, tournaments, team bonding exercises, or gatherings. This is not an exhaustive list.
Any asymptomatic player, coach or staff member who has been exposed to an individual with a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19 will be restricted from participation for at least 14 days and monitored for any symptoms consistent with infection before being allowed to participate in any activities. All Team Members & Coaching Staff of an infected player MUST quarantine for 14 days (or until symptom free) and may not participate in any activities.
If asymptomatic after 14 days since last exposure, the player, coach, or staff member can return to participation.
Exposure means any one of the following:
- Caring for a person with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- Living in the same household as an individual with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- Being within 6 feet of an individual with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection for around 10 minutes or more.
- OR: coming in direct contact with secretions from an individual with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection (being coughed on, sneezed on or sharing a water bottle or other item).
- Any staff, player, coach or parent/guardian reporting or demonstrating symptoms of illness at any point will be prohibited from participating in any activities with Gates Youth Soccer and must seek guidance from his or her physician before returning to training.
Safety Tips for Covid-19
MANDATORY TeamSnap Health Checks
We will be requiring every player to complete the Health Check prior to attending any Victor Soccer Club Event.
The Health Check "app" is included with your TeamSnap Account (supported on both iPhone and Andriod).
Please watch the overview video to the left or visit the links below for more information.