Covid-19 Update 4-17-2020
In concern for the well-being and safety of our players, coaches, and their families, our Board Members have been monitoring the Coronavirus situation in addition to any other existing health cautions (i.e. season flu).
We hope that you and your family are all safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. The safety of the community continues to be our primary commitment. Below are updates from the current programs in season or planned for 2020.
2020 Travel Soccer
In line with the US Government's announcement to maintain social distancing until May15th and the position of the United States Soccer Federation and NYSWYSA, Victor Soccer Club will be extending suspension of all practices, scrimmages, tournament/league play until May15th 2020.
Currently RDYSL is still planning to hold a six (6) game season and has delayed the start of the season to June 21st. We continue to monitor and receive updates from RDYSL Board Members so we are all up to date on the status of the league. We will be sure to communicate any major changes to all of you as we are informed of them.
2020 Summer Recreation Soccer & Micro Soccer
The Victor Soccer Club are still hopeful that we will be able to provide youth recreational soccer to the Victor community this summer as scheduled. We continuously monitor the recommendations of our state and local officials and are in communication with neighboring soccer programs.
We know that many upcoming activities have already been delayed or cancelled. Currently, our summer session is slated to begin the beginning of June. We have yet to adjust our summer recreational schedule and plan to make a decision on the summer session towards the end of April. Regardless of when or if the summer session begins, rest assured that your family's welfare is essential to us.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
To reinforce health safety and best practices for illness prevention, please read the list below:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth prior to proper washing or disinfecting.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a face masks.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face masks to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- CDC recommended face masks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Please be Safe!
Victor Soccer Club
Board of Directors